CAMINO POR AMOR 2019
The "Camino por Amor" (walking for love) walks began in 2016 when Duncan Dyason walked from Costa Rica to Guatemala in three weeks to raise funds for the charity´s work in Central America with children and young people living on the streets and those living at high-risk of living on the streets.
The following year Duncan and Steve Poulson went head-to-head in a 100km in a day walking challenge and last year the couple challenged each other to walk from Guatemala to Honduras and vice versa in one week.
This year´s challenge is going to be one of the biggest challenges Duncan and his team have faced as they attempt a Guinness World Record, walking from Land´s End to John O´Groats and back again in just 15 days! It will be a Guinness World record first.
The walk will be a team effort this year and will include Ben Soden, Steve Poulson, Joseph Soden and Duncan Dyason. The team have to walk 24/7, achieving 108 miles per day for 15 days. The grueling walk will take them from Cornwall, through Shropshire, The Lakes, The Cairngorms and then to the furthest Northern point in the UK, only to then return back to their start point in Cornwall.
Dates: Starting at midnight on Friday 14th June from Land´s End, stopping briefly at the John O´Groats official landmark on Friday 22nd June and then returning to the start point on Saturday 29th June.
The team will update supporters with more exact arrival points at the major landmarks as well as the many towns they will pass through on their journey.
WATCH THE LATEST VIDEOS:
- Dunc & Steve find rocks on the road!
- The Hobbits take to the road
- YMCA Special!
- Meet Javier, by Steve Poulson
- Trial Walk - The Last 24 Hours
- Joseph takes a break and shows us his feet!
- Steve accepts the challenge to wear a dress and raises £250
- The last moments of the trial walk in the jungles of Peten, Guatemala
- Dunc, Steve, Joseph and Ben set off on Sunday 31st March for their test walk, starting at ther Honduras/Guatemala border and heading North to the jungles of Peten. The walk will be 600km, with the team attpempting 160km per day (40km each) non-stop 24/7. The boys are accepting challenges along the way, so please do interact with them through our Facebook Page.
- MAP of the test walk
- The trial walk was completed by the intrepid four on Thursday 4th April. A way of walking, resting, preparing and supporting was achieved that would mean the 160km-per-day can be achieved.
HOW TO SUPPORT
- DONATE (U.S. DONORS)
- DONATE (UK and all other donors)
- Follow the walk
- Join the walk
- Offer support along the way
- Come and join in the finish in Cornwall on Saturday 29th June.
DETAILS OF THE ACTUAL ROUTE FOR JUNE 2019