Thanks to everyone who helped support Radio Christmas 2016, it was a tremendous success.
The festive charity radio station started in 2008 in an studio room in a garden in Amersham. From our humble beginnings the station quickly became a popular community station, mainly run by children and young people from our local area.
In December 2018 we will be celebrating 10 years of Radio Christmas and looking back on the achievements of the station and how the funds raised each year have been used to change lives.
Our plans are to run some form of Radio Christmas from Central America in 2017 and then return to Amersham in 2018 for the ten-year celebrations.
2016 - SOME HIGHLIGHTS
This last Radio Christmas was the most financially successful production with nearly £30,000 being raised plus £20,000 in matched funding. The giving increased dramatically during the final hours of Radio Christmas on Christmas Eve and donations continued to come in during the December holidays.
Here are some of our highlights and thank you for your support and for listening to Radio Christmas 2016.
- 530 volunteers helped produce Radio Christmas.
- On Christmas Day 34,500 listeners were recorded from 180 countries listening to both our live and non-stop channels.
- Nearly £30,000 was raised during the month of December 2016 plus a further £20,000 in match funding.
- 75% of online listeners came from the UK with the USA, Canada and Germany the next largest audiences.
- Over £4,000 was raised by local schools.
- £1,500 was raised through the text service.
- We broadcasted live for 723 hours during December 2016.
Thank you to all our amazing volunteers who helped create a very special experience during December and to all those who helped work so hard in the run-up to December and to those who helped with the break-down of the station. A special THANK YOU to the understanding and supportive Curson family for hosting Radio Christmas and for putting up with our noise, parking, early mornings and late nights.
Take a look back over the month of December 2016 via the official album on Facebook.